Planning proposal for the redevelopment, with façade retention, of two late Victorian office buildings in the Bank Conservation Area.
The scheme proposes a mixed-use scheme, with a 60-room hotel, and restaurant at ground floor level of St. Swithin’s Lane. The new development is designed with massing, scale and quality of materials to be sensitively in keeping with the character of the surrounding area, overall establishing a positive relationship with neighbouring buildings and spaces. The proposed scheme will add six additional storeys over the existing façade, four of which are stepped back away from street view. The ground floor façade is altered to provide greater street presence and reinstate the building’s original design principles.
Status: Planning consent granted
Area: 1903 sqm